A year ago on October 24, 2009, my mother stopped yelling at me. She's been dead since 2006, but in my dreams over and over again, she would implore me, "do something, I don't want you girls to drift apart." She meant my sisters and me--3 people who have very little in common and could literally go years without seeing each other.
But, so I could get a good night's sleep and put my mother to rest, I organized the first sisters lunch. It was uncomfortable at first, but soon the "do you remember when's" started and it turned out to be a good time.
We tried to do it once a month, but got behind in the summer. Today, October 23, 2010, was sisters lunch again. My niece, Sarah joined us from Kent State and put up with lots of teasing and embarrassing jokes--but I think she enjoyed herself.
Next week, we're going to see my nephew, Joe, in a play. Two sister events in two weeks--I think I'm entitled to some extra credit, ma. Keep Fritz awake next time we drift apart!
But, so I could get a good night's sleep and put my mother to rest, I organized the first sisters lunch. It was uncomfortable at first, but soon the "do you remember when's" started and it turned out to be a good time.
We tried to do it once a month, but got behind in the summer. Today, October 23, 2010, was sisters lunch again. My niece, Sarah joined us from Kent State and put up with lots of teasing and embarrassing jokes--but I think she enjoyed herself.
Next week, we're going to see my nephew, Joe, in a play. Two sister events in two weeks--I think I'm entitled to some extra credit, ma. Keep Fritz awake next time we drift apart!
No comments:
Post a Comment