I've been in Wilmington for four whole days now. I've spent alot of time unpacking and organizing and while I have made progress, I still see boxes everywhere.
Today Tony and I went walking. I met Stu and Jan from Brooklyn, NY. He owned a restaurant for 30 years and she is a Registered Nurse. Very nice people with two very nice dogs--a white, fuzzy mutt and a red, Ridgeback. Both dogs loved me....and made me sneeze! I'm slowly meeting more and more people and fitting into the neighborhood. On Saturday we're going to dinner with Jim and Rhonda Chinney from Parma and then on Monday, there is a wine tasting at McGruders. Looks like Leland has a very active night life!!
There's a lot of building going on in the Community. The house next door is progressing very quickly. Tony and I walked through it again after the builders left. I find the whole process amazing. First the foundation and the next thing you know....walls and a roof.
I wish my job search was progressing as fast. True, I've only been here for 4 days, but I feel the panic of unemployment setting in. Not working is not an option and as each day passes by I worry just a bit more.
I have an interview on Tuesday, but it's not a job I truly want. I need practice interviewing and it's always good to meet new business people.
The weather is wonderful. It was 60 today and will get warmer next week. The weather people down here say that winter is just about over. I hope so!
This is the Zeno house being built next door. The angle of the picture makes it look like they are very close to our property, but they really aren't. I really took this picture because it's nice to see my car in the driveway. It's kind of another way of saying I am home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment