Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Monday, April 9, 2012

Fun With Tony and Marie

Tony and Marie came down to spend Easter with us.  It was fun to show them what we've done in the house since they were here in December. 

And, it wouldn't be a Swegle visit without Cornhole!   The "old" Swegles went down in flames as the "young" Swegles beat us in 5 straight games. 

Tony, Tony and Marie were going to go to Easter mass on Saturday and then meet me at the City Club after for dinner...well, turns out there was no mass, so we spent some time talking to Greg at the City Club, whose is expecting their first child in two weeks.  We also met Holt, one of the bartenders and talked about the tradition in the south of taking the mother's maiden name as the child's first name.  His middle name is Evans, another maiden name.  Could we have a "Phillips" Swegle in the works????

Since Tony and Marie don't know what sex the baby is, I have "predicted" that we're having a girl, whom I have "named" Maude Sally (I know Jenna and Jon are laughing at that one!!)  I'm guessing that won't be the final result, but as I explained to Marie, offering obnoxious names during pregnancy is my forte!!!

Tony and Marie left early on Sunday, so we had Easter brunch--with fillets, mashed potatoes and asparagus.  It was a wonderful meal. 

We are keeping Tyson for a few days so Tony can do some painting in the nursery.  Tyson has been really good.  He slept on Marie's sweater and took Tony for a walk today.  He's also spending alot of time finding the sun on the floor and stretching out to enjoy it.   It's been fun to have a dog around again. 













No comments:

Post a Comment