Friday, November 23, 2012
What Our Thanksgiving Looked Like
I love Thanksgiving--mostly because I don't have to do the cooking, but also because of the traditions and memories we have built up over the years. Tony is always the first one up and by the time the rest of us were up, he had dinner preparations done and ready to pop into the oven.
We would watch football if the boys were home, or the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. After dinner we would walk to the house near the opening to Chandler Commons and watch the Christmas lighting ceremony. We usually had at least one "kid" in the house and sometimes more.
It's days like this when I realize how much I miss not being in Cleveland. Our holidays were predictable and comfortable--and maybe our routine was scripted, I love the players in the script and I miss not seeing them.
Today, we had dinner with the Chinni's, our friends who used to live in Parma. Rhoda had to work at 4:00, so we had an early dinner and away they went.
The meal was fantastic--Tony did a turkey breast this year instead of a whole turkey, which was a good idea. He made his sausage stuffing and we laughed about how much Marie loves it. Rhoda made a pumpkin cheesecake which was light and fluffy. We lit candles and had music on in the background. We toasted to every one's good fortune and proceeded to stuff ourselves with great food.
I took some pictures throughout the day but am having trouble posting them. I leave you with the words and the pictures will follow.
We love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment