All of a sudden all is right with the world. Birds are singing, I'm not waking up every hour at night, the burglers are gone, food is cooked well, my morning cup of tea appears on my night table in the morning and groceries are in the fridge. And, you all know what that means--Tony is home.
I thought he was gone forever-I know, I know, it was just a few days, but they were long and empty days. I'm so glad he is back.
We hit the ground running after his return. We found a new attorney to re-do our wills, we had lunch at Charlie Macgrooders--a favorite of ours, we're going to Gallery Walk on Friday, Tony had a physical (he's in great shape), I'm going for the volunteer orientation at the hospital, we went to WalMart to check out dog stuff and we're counting down the days until we get Dixie.
I enjoyed hearing about Tony's visit with the kids and was pleased that Ellie remembered him and that Zach is getting big enough now to play with Papa too. I wish I could have been there. Tony saw Chris, Shannon and Emma while he was in Cleveland and had a nice dinner with them. Emma is as beautiful as always and getting bigger.
It will be March before we go back to Cleveland and maybe June after that.
We have lost our warm front and are experiencing "winter" in Wilmington. We've gotten up to the mid-60's after starting in the 30's. Today is super windy (translation: no corn hole) and there is a chill in the afternoon air.
Already the year is going quickly by. It's the end of January and I just got used to it being December. I have been here a year now.
No matter what--changing weather, new wills, getting a dog, it's all good. It's all right with the world. Tony is home.
No comments:
Post a Comment