I got a wonderful Valentine's Day card from Tony last night, as you can see from the photos I have included.
Jack will always be in our hearts. He was more than a dog--to me he was the child that Tony and I would never have. He was the pet that was supposed to help blend our family, and when you think about it, that's alot of baggage to put on a little puppy. But he did become our baby and our fourth child. And he did it well.
As we buy things for Dixie, we are reminded of Jack and the funny things he did. Oh, I know, he was a pain in the butt some times, but we loved him dearly. From the first time I saw him until that night that we drove him to the vet for the last time, I loved him. I loved how he looked like a tiny rhinoceros when he ran, I loved how he sounded like a vacuum cleaner when he was eating his food, I loved how he ran to the door and got under Tony's feet when Tony came home from the grocery store. Jack knew that there were dog treats in those bags and he was excited to get one....RIGHT NOW!
I loved him when he went deaf and lost most of his sight. And I loved him when we were taking pictures of the kids and had them all lined up--Jack would run over and sit next to them as if he was saying that he was a kid and wanted to be in the picture too.
We couldn't get another Pug, it wouldn't have been fair to the new dog--he would have had to live up to our Jack memories.
I know we will love Dixie, and we will probably compare her to Jack in some things because Jack will always be in our hearts--just like the Valentine's Day card from Tony. I love it--it's so Jack!
Here's the front--with his cute little face
Here's the inside--yes, the Pug is humping a leg; it's SO Jack. When you open the card, the Pug vibrates up and down and the song, "It's Your Thing, Do What You Wanna Do," plays.
Remember Jack with love. I still miss him.
No comments:
Post a Comment