Well, I am still having trouble uploading photos, so this will be a word blog. It seems like so much has happened since I last wrote. I now have my own official hearing aids, not test demos. I am slowly getting used to them and feel funny when they are out. I have to laugh, because now it is Tony saying, "what did you say?" I know one day he will join me in our hearing journey
When I was a teenager, the big thing to have was a transistor radio with a headphone. Just one. You put the radio in your pocket and had your headphone stuck in your ear. My mother used to yell at me and tell me that I had the radio volume up too loud. She would tell me that one day, I would need a hearing aid because of all of that "rock and roll noise I had screaming in my ear and I shouldn't come crying to her for one." Well, I'm not sure that the music did it, but hear (notice the spelling!) I am.
We have had two ice storms in Leland so far this winter. During the last one, we were in Charlotte. We got about 4 inches of snow and ice in Charlotte and were pretty much stranded. People in the south really freak out when they get snow, but I can see why, as they don't have snow removal equipment. They use a liquid salt brine to put on the highways that is equivalent to the salt used up north. All of the (few) snow shovels sell out pretty quickly in Lowes and Home Depot, so you see people trying to shovel with garden shovels and short, plastic shovels that people keep in the trunk of their cars. Pretty funny to watch!
We were in Charlotte because Marie had to travel to Dallas. Even though they work for the same company, and Tony Jr is in Russia on company business, Marie still has her own people and accounts to take care of. So, off she went to Dallas (she almost got stuck in Charlotte because of the weather) to interview new hire candidates and do her thing. We stayed behind and babysat Coleton, Tyson and Dixie. I lost almost 3 pounds, so you know how it went. Coleton is non-stop and really funny. He cracks himself up, which makes me laugh. He is a great eater and likes to run laps around the inside of the house. I got some good shots of him that I will post once I figure out what is wrong with the blog connection.
We watched the Olympics, mostly Tony Jr's events, but also saw the ice skaters, luge, curling and women's skeleton races. One of the athletes that Tony was representing got a bronze metal...he was disappointed because he was favored for gold in the snow boarding (?) event, but that's the Olympics--can you deliver your best performance doing the moves you have done perfectly a million times before, when it really counts? His second run was really good and I wish he would have captured the gold, but he is only 19, so he has 4 years to keep practicing and mature.
Work is going well. We have had a few people quit so I am getting more hours, which is good. Unfortunately, it's mostly weekends in the ED from 3 to 11.
I am a contributing writer for our development magazine and hope to have a few articles published in the first issue coming out in March.
Tony went to see David a few weeks ago and played some golf. He had a great time and will be going again, I'm sure. David is getting more into wine and Tony is having a good time helping him explore it.
I recommitted to Weight Watchers and have lost 4 pounds in the past two weeks. I look forward to going on Thursday to see how I am progressing.
Tony and I will be in Cleveland in March to get our taxes done and to meet with the minister who will be doing our vow renewal. We hope to see the kids and family while we are there.
I look forward to the weather getting warmer and getting back into corn hole, sitting on the patio listening to music and watching Dixie chase birds and try to fly.
No comments:
Post a Comment