Thursday, May 1, 2014
The Sounds of Spring
When I am not working, Tony and I have been sitting on the patio after Dr. Phil (long story) and enjoying the sounds and sights of spring. It's a wonderful time to relax and reflect.
Today, we had serene music piped out to the patio....you know, the kind of music you hear when you are getting a massage, and happily watched the day come to an end while we were drinking our wine and before Tony grilled the steaks.
The sounds were amazing. The breeze was blowing and you could hear the sound of the leaves and palms swaying back and forth and bumping against each other. The small fountain we have was running, so we had the sound of rhythmic water falling over stones. We had the overhead fan on and the hum it made was underlying just enough to make you sleepy. We didn't have the blue and white Christmas lights on because it was daylight, but in the evening when they are on, it makes the patio even more pretty.
The doves were out, doing their "coo, coo, coo" messages and somewhere out there was a tree frog, talking to us. I think it was afraid of Dixie. It sounded like a pepper grinder. Dixie was all curled up under the table on her cushions, just listening, and life was good.
I have said often that "I can't image wanting to retire...." but I do. To have the opportunity to just enjoy the weather, the sights and the sounds is so inviting.
We continue to prepare for our vow renewal and sadly, Jenna, Jon and the kids won't be joining us. They will leave a big hole of sadness in the day, but she has to do what is best for her family.
So, here is the view from the patio....a lovely view and so calming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment