My sister, Donna, who will forever be known to me as Fritz, came to visit with her husband, Steve, daughter, Sarah and the significant other to us all, Steven!
We've been doing the typical touristy things...river cruise, going to the pool and in general hanging around. Today, Tony and Steve went golfing....in 90 degree weather, while Fritz, "the kids" and I went to the Bellamy Mansion, one of Wilmington's best restored Civil War mansions. After that, we headed to McGruder's for lunch.
We also checked out the house being built across the street, which is always fun for me. While "the kids" headed to the pool, Fritz and I went to the Fitness Center and worked out. The guys took it easy after 4 hours of golfing in the hot sun.
After a terrific steak dinner ala Tony, we played corn hole. Unfortunately the women lost two games out of a three set, but we will play again and win!!
Tomorrow is beach day...first off to Southport to look at some art galleries, then on the beach at Oak Island. We're going to the City Club for dinner after that.
Steve is doing the cooking on Thursday and Tony and I are looking forward to that. Fritz will be doing the spaetzel, while Steve creates chicken paprikash. And I'm guessing I didn't spell either of those words correctly!
It has been such fun having them here and the week is going too quickly by.
Slave quarters at Bellamy. Wealth is shown by housing slaves in a brick structure rather than just wood huts
I asked "the kids" to show me their best "anti bellum" moves
The back of the mansion
Sarah is thinking about her strategy for the corn hole win
Fritz winds up for the big throw
Steve is concerned....can he break the tie
Tony studies the board
My delivery is so fast, the camera couldn't catch it. Steve says, "Wow, you really are fast and blurry."
On the river cruise....the captain told Steve that he must be from Ohio because no one else wears an Indian's cap
Passing the government building on the tour
It's not official until Dixie says, "welcome!"
No comments:
Post a Comment