Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, November 2, 2014

More Season Firsts--CLAMBAKE!!!!



                                                                                                      
Another reason I love fall is having clambakes.  Tony's bakes are well known and often requested.   We had our first bake of the season last night.  The weather didn't cooperate enough for us to have a fire, too, but it was fun regardless.  
 
We sat on the lanai and had clam broth while the bake was still cooking.  It was windy and cold but with the lights on and our music going, it was the best place to be.     
 
The clams were great, so was the chicken and one of the best parts was watching Tony put it all together!!
 
                      
Tony scrubbed each and every one of the clams
 
Getting the pot ready...
 
The chef takes a wine break!
 
No, Tony, it's a clambake, not a clambark!
 
Much better--the clams go in the pot, not Dixie!
 
Tony cooks, I lend moral support!!
 
Ahhh....fresh clam broth...
 
 
The wild wind and rain
 
All set to eat!
 
Dixie takes a nap after the bake!  Personally, I  think she's hiding so Tony doesn't put her in the pot again!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment