Once again, Christmas is right around the corner. My parents were right when they said that the older you get, the faster time goes by.
We haven't been doing anything remarkable of late, but hey, the Pecan Festival we went to in October is hard to top!
I guess I should say that I haven't been doing anything remarkable, lately. Tony, on the other hand, has finished another painting--this one of FDR, my favorite President. It's beautiful. Tony often down plays his artistic ability, but I think he is a wonderful artist. He does a variety of subjects and works in different media. I have always looked forward to a houseful of Swegle paintings and now, I have them. See what you can accomplish in retirement!
We got to see Coleton and Anthony recently. Tony and Marie used their City Club overnight gift and we babysat the kids. It was fun. Anthony is close to walking and is still all smiles. Coleton is a hoot and often reminds us of Ben with his questions and comments about life in general. Coleton has started to really express himself--when adults are talking, he will wait for a break and then say, "excuse me, can I talk now?!!" Or, if someone interrupts him, he will say, "excuse me, I was talking..." You can't help but laugh!
We will be seeing the Purdum kids in a few weeks and I am excited about that. They all look so grown up on Jenna's blog.
We will also be seeing David and Brenda for Thanksgiving. David is cooking so Tony will have a nice break for one holiday. They are playing golf on Friday while Brenda and I share some "face time" getting a facial and having lunch. No Black Friday for us!! The weather promises to be mild and sunny so we should all enjoy our day out.
Christmas is just around the corner...and so is my retirement year. I can't wait to have days filled with choices I want to make about time and activity.
We hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving and that it is shared with people you love.
We call this...Dixie Love!
Coleton, performing a song from "Frozen"
Tony and Anthony made it all the way up the steps to the Studio. I was going to teach he and Coleton to "boom" down the steps like I did Ben, but they have steeper steps at their house and I didn't want them to try it there!
Three Tony's all in a row
Mr. Coleton Swegle, Mr. Anthony Swegle and Mr. Anthony Swegle
And now, featured works by Tony:
FDR....I love it
The beach and lighthouse from our honeymoon
The Flagpole Sitter
Fish, native to North Carolina
Like I said, Tony is a wonderful artist!

No comments:
Post a Comment