It's rare when I have four days off in a row, but I did, so Tony and I decided to use one of them for an adventure.
We decided to drive to Southport--one of my favorite places--to watch the water, the sailboats, the birds and visit a new restaurant, Oliver's. Earlier this year, we went to Oliver's with Donna and Bob when it was open for only 17 days. It was love at first bite. The food was great. The inside is all expensive wood, large windows and arches. You can watch boats and birds fly by the windows.
We started at Oliver's with a glass of wine. From there, we walked around the water and out onto the pier. It was fun to watch people casting their lines, hoping to catch "a big one!"
We met dog people--lots of them. We met a lady named Deb and her three dogs. One of them was Oliver, he was a rescue and quite afraid of people. He let Tony get a little close but then retreated under the bench Deb was sitting on. I didn't get that lucky, I spoke to him in low tones and gently reached out, but he was spooked and went back under the bench. I can't stand to think of what people must do to dogs to make them so afraid.
We saw big dogs and little dogs enjoying the beautiful day. After a short walk, we went back to Oliver's for appetizers of baked Brie, steak bites, oysters and wine.
We finished the day at home by watching one of our art series--this one on the Louvre. A perfect day!
Today, I went back to Dr. Kellerman because my left foot and leg have been swelling lately. He ordered an ultrasound to check for blood clots, as I have had them before. I got the results before I even got home. No clots, but I need to go see a Rheumatologist now (not sure if I spelled that one right!!) More doctors, no answers.
So today wasn't that great, but yesterday, a day in Southport, was priceless!!
The Oliver's sign against a beautiful sky
Sea birds and sky swirls
Way, way out there is Bald Head Island--we're going to go there one day
Testing a new Chard
Alfred Hitchcock could have filmed "The Birds" here!
Oh yeah, you think you know what kind of dog this is...well, the owner said it was a German Shepherd who was under the weather! OK, you win, it's a poodle! NOT!
The birds line up on the roof ready to swoop for food!
No comments:
Post a Comment