Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Matthew Is Coming To Town



Well, you would have to live under a rock to miss the news coverage and  information on Hurricane Matthew.  I read somewhere that this is the biggest storm the south has had in awhile.  

Tony brought the generator into the lanai in case power goes out and he told me that people at the grocery store were making a run on water and bread.  He also moved the furniture to the center of the lanai so it may get wet, but it won't go anywhere.
 
I will be at the hospital all weekend.  We are on lockdown from Friday at 7:00 p.m. until whenever on Sunday.  That means I get to sleep and shower there, oh boy!!  But, the money is good and the building is strong so it will be OK.  The other ladies I will be working with are calling it a big pajama party!
 
We were at the beach this week and took Dixie.  The first time we took her to the ocean, she was afraid of the noise and the waves.  This time she had a blast.  I think she was still afraid of the waves, but she loved chasing the birds and getting petted by kids on the beach. 
 
We also discovered a new winery.  Only service dogs were allowed in, but since we were the only people there, Dixie got to visit the indoor waterfall.  It was fun and we will be going back again. 
 
Here are some highlights:
 
Our first stop, big surprise
 

The sign says, only service dogs with papers were
allowed in....they didn't count on Dixie visiting!

Nice wall decorations

Dixie stating her case to be let inside...."see how cute I am?"
 
If these dogs could come in, so could Dixie!!

Chard on the patio

The indoor waterfall
 
THE BEACH!!!

Our first attempt at reintroducing Dixie to the waves

She's thinking...
 
 
And then meets a friend on her level...

And another one...furry, this time

A bird spies Dixie....
 
And she spies the bird!

Getting lunch

Checking the weather

Matthew is "graying" up the day


Dixie tells Daddy, "I'm a beach dog, not a bitch!"  She'll be back
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment