Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Friday, January 20, 2017

Dog of the Day


I love watching Miss America, Miss Universe, America's Next Top Model, anything that selects the best...Ok, best according to someone's idea--maybe not mine.  Well, yesterday, we had quite an honor.  It was Dixie's 4th birthday.  Tony took her to the Gourmet Pet Treat store.  When they found out that it was her birthday, they named her, "Dog of the Day", and took her picture for their webpage.  Wow...our dog is now titled.     We may have to build her a wing on the house to befit her new status!

But, in all honesty...Dixie is always dog of the day here.  She is funny, smart (I always say it only took her a month to train two adult humans...!), stubborn, loving and part of the family. 

I'm not sure how we got along without her....just think, no one to give belly rubs to, no one to sit in 3/4 of our chair, no one to share our steak dinners.  We just couldn't get along without her.

On every birthday, I recall the first time we saw her and the day we brought her home.  Each event makes me smile.  

Happy Birthday, Dixie chick.  We love you!!





No comments:

Post a Comment