Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, August 19, 2018

A Wedding, Grandchildren, A Baptism and A Wonderful Time - Part 1, The Wedding



How crazy it is that we haven't been in Cleveland since 2016.  It's like letting go of a familiar place in order to raise the curtain on a new play in  your life.  We raised that curtain 7 years ago, and with each passing  year, it is easier not to go home to Cleveland.  We are older, the drive is harder, it takes us longer to recover when we get back.  Sad, but true.


But we did go home.  We went home for Sarah and Steve's wedding and to see family. Our Cleveland grandchildren are huge and tons of fun!  After Cleveland, we went to Charlotte for Owen's baptism.  This was the first time since they have been born that we have seen all of our grandchildren within the space of a week.  It was wonderful.

The first event was the wedding...or, the rehearsal dinner.  We met Steven's parents and family and had a great time at a restaurant in Strongsville that we had not frequented before.  It was a nice event.

The wedding itself was fantastic.  I'm sorry to say that my sister, Fritz (Donna), was almost more beautiful than  the bride.  I know, it's hard to imagine, but there she was, in a brocade, fitted dress, looking (as her husband said....) "like a million bucks."  It was the Fritz I used to know.  The one who could knock me down from, "good looking contender," to "an also ran."  She was glowing and I was glad.  


The wedding was meaningful, elegant and thoughtful.  I did a reading from Corinthians and Lynn told me I "talked funny."  Apparently, I didn't say the word, "sister," in the nasal, mid-western way.  But, Sarah and Steven liked the reading and their opinion was the only thing that mattered to me. 



So this chapter of the blog will highlight the wedding; a beautiful event for a beautiful couple.

Dad, Steve, walking Sarah down the aisle.  We weren't sure he was
 going to let go of her when he got to the altar!

Mr. and Mrs. Steven White

In their own little world

Happy Together...
  
This is a picture of the bride's family, but all I can see is
 how wonderful my sister looks.  

Uncle Tony, Aunt Jan and the Whites!

The Mom, The Reader and The Aunt

Here I am, talking "funny"

Dancing with "Baby" Joe, Sarah's brother

Next chapter....the grandchildren!!

No comments:

Post a Comment