December has been one long doctor's appointment after another. I was approved by my insurance company for the medication for my skin--Duprixent, but the co-pay was $1,083. Um....guess not. I did, however, get three phone numbers to apply for medication payment assistance. OK, all I had to do was apply and get approved and I was on my way to getting this new medication that has amazing results. After 13 years, I could be free of this crummy disease.
Well, again, guess not. All three agencies said I made too much money in Social Security benefits to qualify for any assistance.
Ah, one last shot....perhaps the Duprixent medical sales rep could give me free samples of the product....Well, again, guess not. So, here I am back on steroids and fighting an infection that I hope doesn't turn into a staph infection again. My blue light treatment has been increased to three times a week and I am popping more pills to fight this mess. Ah, the hits just keep on coming.
But, life is not all doom and gloom. We went to a Christmas party last night at Dixie's Godparents house and we had a nice time. We met new people and laughed with old friends. We are loving our new car and Dixie continues to make us laugh. We will be spending a few days in Charlotte after Christmas and continue to enjoy evenings on our lanai with our Christmas tree and lights. At this point in our lives, we are content and happy. You can't ask more more than that.


No comments:
Post a Comment