Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, July 20, 2019

SISTA, SISTA'S




When Sarah and Steven got married, I was asked to be a reader at the ceremony. 

I was given a passage from Corinthians that started...."Brothers and Sisters....."  I did the reading, I looked down at Sarah and Steven and I saw hope and promise.

At the end of the service, my sister, Lynn said, "how come we were raised in the same house, by the same parents, but you pronounce the word, "sister," as "sista" and I don't.  

Hmmm.   


This week, my "sista," Fritz came down to see us with her son, Joe.  What a good time we had.  We haven't seen Joe in a while, but, we truly enjoyed the time we spent together. 

Fritz and I visited a mansion, had lunch, watched our favorite TV shows, played cards and talked liked we haven't done in years.  

Fritz and I have a fun sister  relationship.  We spent most of our young years sharing a bedroom, that included sharing secrets, sharing parental frustrations, sharing school challenges in learning and sharing "the stuff"  that comes with youth.  

Years later, when Bill died, Fritz stepped up to the plate and told my parents that she was going to live with Jenna and I to help us get through the tough times.   She had a great job and I was struggling with money issues as I waited for the Texas State Board of Insurance to rule on my application for benefits.   Fritz took care of us.  For that period of my life, she was the big "sista."  She was my hero.

I was her maid of honor and Jenna was like a daughter to her.  We share memories of "Elton Jenna," wearing big sun glasses in the front seat of the car and "The Divine Miss M," the 3 year old redhead singing with an attitude.  

And so, my sista and I had fun.  Tony and Joe spent some quality time together at the beach.  Fritz and Joe cooked a meal for Tony and I and we all played "Cards Against Humanity," and laughed so hard at the silly answers we came up with.   We looked at model homes here in Compass Pointe and told the real estate agents that Fritz was thinking of moving down here.  There we were walking through houses worth $600K, like we could afford that!!  What fun. 

We took a river cruise, Fritz, Joe and Tony maneuvered the Lazy River and we just got back to basics.  We ate and ate and ate, not to mention, we drank  It was a nice visit. 


Sharing cooking secrets

Saying hello to her cooking fan base!

The serious chef!!


Tony on the Lazy River

Hot, hot, hot on the river cruise....just look at my hair!

Cruising the Cape Fear River, Joe, Tony, Fritz and Me

"Little Joe" and Fritz

Fritz telling us she is deaf.  Joe telling us she is goofy!

Me, Joe and my drippy hair

Joe, Fritz and Tony, on the river


Heading back to Leland to play cards and goof off







No comments:

Post a Comment