Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, August 31, 2019

New Toy, New Plans



Our Labor Day plans have changed thanks to Hurricane Dorian.  Just like last year with Florence, travel is dangerous and supplies like water and gas are low or gone in many areas of Florida, so David, Brenda and Alex aren't coming up to see us.  David said that watching the progress of a hurricane is like being stalked by a turtle.  How true.  

Although I am disappointed not to be seeing Alex (and David and Brenda too, but she is cuter!) I understand that with the  uncertainty of the hurricane, now isn't the time to be travelling unless you are evacuating. 

It's ironic that a big part of Dorian was originally aimed at Florida, but now it may go up the coast and hit us and even Tony Jr.  That's what you get when you live in Florida and the Carolina's.   We are not really concerned at this point, but Tony did get extra gas for our generator just in case. 

Hurricane Florence interrupted our trip to the Outer Banks last year so we have rescheduled for the second week of September.  We are looking forward to relaxing and seeing the sights.  I'm hoping to get some good pictures as well. 

Since I can't take pictures of Alex with my new camera, I've been wandering around the back yard and in the development taking pictures.  We are going to the beach today (and I will be wrapped up like a mummy) so hopefully, the fish will be jumping and the birds will be swooping!

Here are some of the pictures I have taken so far:

A beautiful sky in our back yard

 
Just as pretty in the front

Flowers in the front


Water tipping the funnel at the lazy river


Water hitting the surface of the lazy river 
 

Water in slow motion hitting the surface


Dixie was annoyed that I didn't include her in the last blog....

Taking it easy

A grasshopper on the screen 


A garden spider on the side of the house


Flowers at the entrance of Waterford Development


Alex.  I didn't take this picture, but I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment