Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

It's All About Poop!




With all of the "noise" about the Corona virus, I realized that I didn't post pictures of the kids when we went to Charlotte.  They were busy and cute as always, especially Owen.  This trip, instead of being Mr. Hungry, he was Mr. Poopey and Tony, got the brunt of it when he changed one of Owen's diapers.


Owen thought the whole thing was funny!  So did we!

Anthony spent time with Dixie, reading to her and looking for squirrels.  He didn't "bwaid" her tail this time, but he did hit her in the head and she scratched him, which lead to a discussion about how to treat dogs.  He interrupted my lecture by asking me if I could stop talking and just kiss his "boo boo" better so he could go play.  Dixie and Anthony did makeup, however, and watched for squirrel movement...



Coleton was off doing other things, so we spent some quality time with Anthony.  He's learning to read and Tony helped him.


All in all, it was a good trip, but Dixie was pooped (much like Owen) and spent the entire ride home in the back seat, sleeping!


Speaking of "poop,"  in other news, you know you have a good relationship with your doctor when he greets you with the words, "how's your poop?"  

I've been having symptoms like I did a few years ago when I was hospitalized.  Back pain, side pain, pain in general.  I went to my primary care doctor yesterday and he thinks I might have a kidney stone.  

My first reaction was, "not again."  I'm not looking forward to a bunch of tests and a possible hospital stay again.  The doctor asked if there was anything else he could do for me at the end of my visit.  I asked him if he could make me 34 again.  I liked being 34.  No pain, no extra weight, no wrinkles.  He just laughed and told me if he could do that, he'd never have to work again!  I guess that was his way of saying, "no way."  

And so, Tony and I are here in the house with our toilet paper and sanitizer like so many others waiting to see what other comedy skits comes from the White House.  

I hope the virus is contained soon and things get back to normal.  And, I hope those diagnosed with it have a speedy and safe recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment