Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Hilton Head, 2020



June was time to go to Hilton Head again to visit with Donna and Bob.  The house they rented was really nice.  It had 4 bedrooms and 4 baths plus a pool, a laundry room/computer room, a big living room and a dining room with a glass table that seated 8 people.  It also had a screened in porch that was a relief from the heat, especially since I'm supposed to stay out of the sun.   And it was hot.   I'm talking 98 degrees and a heat index of 104, with massive humidity.    

Donna and I shopped at Harbor Town and Caligne and had to wear masks.  Wearing a mask in the heat is not fun.  I passed on a pair of shoes for $235.00 and a blouse for $160.00, but we still managed to have a good time. Who buys stuff that pricey?

Chris and Shannon were in Hilton Head with Emma.  As always, she loved the pool and showed off her model moves!

Dixie was happy looking out of windows and pooping in Chris' bedroom.  She got loose once and headed toward the street in front of the house.  She is so little, she could have fallen victim to cars or alligators, luckily, Tony caught her.  

After Hilton Head, Donna and Bob came back to Leland and stayed with us for a few days.  Things are still slowly opening up here but again, we had to wear masks where ever we went.  

As I have said before, and like everyone else, I can't wait until we are out of this virus mess.  To me, 2020 is the year of nothing.  Everything that usually happens, didn't.  Kids didn't go to school, go to prom, graduate or get to leave home for college.  Communions were cancelled and so were  birthday parties.  Vacations turned into stay-cations and right now, the world is a very serious place. 

I am so tired of waiting for the next day, when things might be back to normal.  But, still, I wait. 

Fritz and Joe are coming down in July and we will be in Cleveland in August.  That will be a diversion among the monotony.

Here's a summary of our visit:


Donna and Tony enjoying the pool

Our 8  year old beauty queen, Emma

Emma being sassy!

She loves the pool!!

Showing the moves!!

Emma is a glow of color

Tony by the pool

Shannon, the birthday woman!

Chris, smoking with Uncle Tony

Dixie enjoying messing up clean clothes!

Taking a rest






No comments:

Post a Comment