Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

This Time of Year



This time of year is always a happy time for me.    Tony spends a great deal of time working in the yard and making it look nice.  Although we have landscapers doing the mowing and trimming stuff for us, he still likes to buy annuals of all colors and put them throughout the  yard.  

We also had our taxes done the other day and were pleased to find out that we get refunds this year.  Usually, we have to pay either the federal or state and sometimes both, but this time, they are paying us.  Whoopee!!

We have a trip to Charlotte coming up.  Coleton and Anthony are on the same little league baseball team and they are playing this weekend.  Marie is out of town, so we can help Tony Jr., out a bit, as he is a coach on their team.  Tony and I will take care of Owen which will be a blast.  

Tony and I went to the Cape Fear Voices Writer's Award Dinner on the 10th.  I won an honorable mention for my article about 9-11.  It was called, "Another Day That Will Live in Infamy."  It was nice to be recognized.  I am still writing for the paper and doing some support work.  Check out the website at www.capefearvoices.org.  It's still being developed, but we like it. 

I'm having lunch with one of the editors tomorrow as well as a candidate for a sales position we have.  The editor said he wasn't great at interviewing so he asked me to go along.  I'm looking forward to it.  Interviewing people was one of my favorite things to do when I was working.  It's fun seeing if the skills people have fit the type of work associated with the opening.  

May will mark out 32 anniversary as well as the first time we will see Elizabeth in Florida.  

So, today was a good day.  Hope yours was too. 


This is what you do when your tax lady says, "Refund!!!!"
You go to one of your favorite restaurants for lunch!

The backyard with flowers and plants

A beautiful day for planting

Tony vacates one of his pots so I can plant my flowers

Yellow flowers--they are supposed to appeal to the hummingbirds!








No comments:

Post a Comment