Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

When 2021 Comes to an End


Well, here we are again, at year's end.  Presents are ordered and shipped, Ellie's birthday gifts are on their way and all we need to do now is wait for Christmas.  

A few days ago, I had high tea with some neighbor ladies.  We had a good time and I felt very upper crust!!  We hope to make this a monthly tradition based on our heritages--Scottish, German, French and English. 

On Thursday, I'm going to the Leland Cultural Arts Center.  My first assignment with Coastal Buzz magazine is about senior health and we decided to do something on dance lessons, specifically, line dancing and swing and the benefits to seniors.  Dancing is good for cardio, balance and all kinds of other stuff.  Senior dance is offered at Leland Cultural Arts Center so I will be interviewing some of the dance instructors and students.  

On Friday, I go back to Leland Middle School to work with the journalism students.  I went with the Teen Scene editor to a new middle school last week and we will be rolling our journalism program out to them.  That makes us the school magazine for all of the middle schools in Brunswick County. 

I continue to work on the Awards Banquet in March.  I have a ton of stuff to do and a short period of time to do it in. 

My second article will appear in Leland Magazine in 3 weeks and my dance article is due January 5.  Thank goodness that the papers/magazines that I contribute to all have different print deadlines.  

Dixie has been good.   She hasn't escaped and seems to know that she did something wrong.  She went for her spa day today and smells a lot better than she did.

We are off to Charlotte on December 26.  I'm sure it will be a loud, but happy visit.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.  PS....I haven't even started my Christmas  cards yet!!




 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment