Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Thursday, August 18, 2022

The Stick and the Fire Plug


I guess I didn't realize that I haven't posted since June.  Lots of stuff has been going on and it's sometimes hard to keep up.

We have Coleton and Anthony with us this week and I am quickly realizing that I am way too old to do this!!

They are in constant motion with their voices on high alert.  I took them to Walmart with me today and told each of them they could buy one thing.  I went there because I needed some supplies for the paper.  As soon as I told them they could buy something I kept losing them.  I'd find one in a toy isle and then go looking for the other one.  I'd find him in the game isle and then lose the first one.  By the time we picked out their stuff and got home, I realized I had forgotten to get the supplies I went in for.   

They eat like linebackers and quote sports statistics like they are the pledge of allegiance.  I made scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning with sausage and toast.  I used 6 eggs and Coleton asked if they were all for him.  Yesterday, we went to lunch and Coleton ordered off of the adult menu--steak.  He ate his and part of Tony's and then helped himself to Anthony's french fries.  The funny part is, he is so thin.  Anthony weighs more than Coleton does.  Coleton is just a stick.  Anthony is a fire plug.  Go figure. 

On Saturday, Tony Jr., and Marie are picking the kids up.  Owen has had them all to himself since we've had the "big boys."  

Marie made a birthday box for me.  She wrapped up 4 presents and I'm supposed to open one each day the kids are here.  We have fun deciding which one is the prettiest and what might be in it.  I don't know how she had the time to do all of that, but it was a very nice thing and we are having fun with it. 

On Labor Day weekend, we are going to Carolina Beach to babysit Coleton, Anthony, Owen, Alexandra and Elizabeth.  I think I'll take Owen and Elizabeth, they are by far the easiest to manage!!  Tony Jr., Marie, David and Brenda are going out for dinner.  I hope they plan on McDonald's drive thru!!

At any rate, it's wonderful to have the kids here.  This is something we always wanted to do with Ben and Sam and it just never happened.  They are funny, smelly, messy and loud and I wouldn't have them any other way.




No comments:

Post a Comment