Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Life Gets In the Way


I can't believe I haven't posted anything since November when our neighbor, "Wild Bill" died.  But, as people always tell me, life gets in the way.  Sure does. 

I'm still writing for Cape Fear Voices and Leland Magazine.  I stopped writing for Costal Buzz as they went to a quarterly publication and it just didn't work with my schedule.  I am also still working at the Senior Living facility, 3 days a week.   It is a sad place, but I have made many friends and count myself lucky to have known them when they are gone.  

We are in our early part of the year cycle.  Donna and Bob  are down and we shared Tony's birthday at a favorite restaurant.  David came up to celebrate Tony's birthday and play golf with  Bob and Tony.  Tony Jr., was travelling for work, but Tony did get to talk to him and got a facetime call from the kids and Marie on his birthday.  Jenna's kids sent him letters and cards which he really enjoyed. 

We had another death in the neighborhood--our friend Ken Rogers died in January.  He was in his backyard and had a heart attack.  Very sad.  He was a nice man.  We (the neighbors)  are all of the opinion, however, that death needs to stay away from Palm Point for quite a while. 

Once again, I am working on the Writer's Banquet for Cape Fear Voices and Teen Scene.  We will have more than 90 people attending and it promises to be quite an event.  

Tony went for his cardiac appointment on Friday.  Everything is good for right now.  His doctor is still of the opinion that Tony will need a pace maker soon, but it is still a ways down the road.  His BP was a bit high, but not terrible.   Overall, for a 76 year old guy, he's in OK shape. 

Today, he and David played corn hole.  David leaves tomorrow. It was a nice visit for Tony and I am so glad David could arrange to be here.  I think David got some much needed rest as well. 

Speaking of health, interestingly enough, my sister, Fritz, is experiencing some of the same health issues as I am.  We take some of the same meds and have similar symptoms.  And, funny as well, her doctor can't seem to find a diagnosis--just like mine!  Guess we are "sista's!!"

I am very concerned that something has happened to my friend, Arthur.  I sent him some things that I wrote and he was supposed to get back to me, but it has been several months now and I haven't heard anything.  His cell phone has  been turned off and his landline goes right to voicemail.  I worry about him being all alone and hope he is OK.

Looks like Tony is calling David and I to dinner.  I will wrap up for now and continue to try to do better about posting updates.  I hope all are well and enjoying the year. 



No comments:

Post a Comment