Every year I say, I'm not doing this again, but here I am, 10 days away from the Cape Fear/Teen Scene banquet. Everything seems to be magically falling into place and for that I am glad. I will also be glad when the whole thing is over.
Life is moving quickly. I'm working 4 days this week, and then the banquet and then cleaning the house.....you can't clean and plan a banquet at the same time! So I'm calling it spring cleaning. In reality, it's "oh hell, I haven't had time to clean in a month." You know how it is when you just clean the toilets and keep the shades drawn so people can't see the dust.
We got our new patio set for the back and shade for the front porch. Our roses are just staring to bloom and they look so pretty. May is looming--I can't believe I'm saying that on April 5, but it is. We are going to Anthony's first communion the weekend before Mother's Day and will be celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary on May 12. I have interviews for both papers set up in May and it promises to be a busy month yet again.
I continue to have breathing issues and purple feet. But, Fritz and Steve are having a worse time. Both have heart issues and both either have been or will be in Parma hospital in the near future. Steve just got out and Fritz is going in for tests on April 12. Our brother in law, Joe, is doing better since his cancer surgery and it seems to be in remission. So we are on health watch on several fronts.
Summer is on the horizon and that means beach. It will be filled with tourists, but we will do our best to get in some sand and sun time. Already the time is flying by. I will be 71 in August and really can't believe that either. I have often said I did not think I was going to live very long, so every day is a surprise. Tony is watching his heart condition and doing everything he can to not get light headed and pay attention to his blood pressure and heart rate.
Out of all of us, Dixie is doing the best. We took her to a doggie etiquette class (see previous post) and she did so well. Of course, she spent a great deal of time under Tony's protective legs, but she did socialize and is still the prettiest dog in Compass Pointe.
Our nephew, Steven, got my laptop working so now I can take it on interviews and not have to deal with notebooks and paper. Thank God for the younger generation. Our nephew, Joe is doing well at his job and enjoying a relationship with a lady who also works at the bowling alley. They have been dating since Christmas and I look forward to meeting her whenever we get back to Cleveland. She seems to be a positive influence on Joe.
That's all for now. Keep your fingers crossed that the banquet is a success.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment