It's been a few weeks since I posted. Dixie had a great birthday, and soon it will be Tony's turn. For whatever reason, the month of January seems very long to me. Could be because I'm working on the February issue of Cape Fear Voices and the March issue of the company newsletter.
Covid has reared its ugly head again. Three people at work tested positive for it. Dawn, our weekday receptionist has a cruise planned starting tomorrow and she is still going, Covid or not. She said her doctor gave her steroids and said she should be OK by Thursday. I don't know....seems risky to me.
I have been called into work once so far because of people being sick and I am working this weekend and the following Monday. I have plenty of alcohol wipes and the first thing I do when I arrive is to wipe off the phone receiver, the number keys and the computer keyboard.
We have only seen Donna and Bob a few times since they arrived from Cleveland. The weather has been really cold so golfing was out of the question. It was not Cleveland cold, but for sure, not southern cold. "Cold" to people from the south is around 45 degrees. We have had below freezing temps and Tony has been covering the plants outside. Today should be better--in the upper 60's, I hope. Tony and Bob are playing golf and Donna and I are doing lunch and then going to the Sandlewood shops to look around.
Tony and I are doing what I refer to as "end of life" stuff. We've been going through boxes that have been in our attic for 13 years and getting rid of stuff. A few days ago, the box he brought down for me was full of memories. I found two love letters from my late husband, Bill, that I actually forgot I had. I have a ton of pictures of Jenna when she was a baby and a young child. She looked happy then. I hope she is happy now.
Not much else going on. I actually felt "written out," the other day. Try as I might, I could not think of a topic for my Cape Fear Voices February issue. I tried a few times to write something and nothing came out. I hope this isn't a trend.
That's all for now. I hope all of you in the snowy weather get relief soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment