Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Friday, October 25, 2024

Early Voting, Bread and a Lava Lamp

 


Tony and I went to early voting this past week.  We stood in line for an hour and a half but it's done.  The line went all the way across the street but moved at a good rate, it was just that crowded.

It was interesting listening to the conversations going on around us.  A man behind us was chatting to a woman in line about working in Washington DC and how he "covered" several elections.  He proudly said that he did not vote in the elections he was covering because he didn't think it was fair to the public.  His rationale was that if he selected a candidate, his bias toward that candidate would somehow slip into his reporting.  He went on to talk about the 4 books he wrote and how much time he spent researching a phrase he heard used at Walmart about security.  The woman with whom he was speaking was duly impressed.  I, however, could not get the words, "ego maniac" out of my mind.  Go figure!

Tony did a low country boil last week that was really good.  It is, however, very work intensive, so I am hoping to convince him to serve chips and salsa for upcoming games.  This Sunday, I'm going to try my hand at Tarsitano Bread.  I hope it works out. 

I am back in Leland Middle School every other Wednesday.  We've done an exercise in Pod Casting and this week, I'm going descriptive phrases, where they have to write detailed instructions on how to do something.  Their grade will depend on how well I perform the task depending on their instructions.  Last year, one of the things they had to explain to me was how to tie a shoe.  That was funny.  This year, I am taking our Lava Lamp and I'm going to ask them to describe how it works.  

David, Brenda and the girls will be in for Thanksgiving...another fun year of watching them help Papa put up the tree on Friday.  I can't wait to see them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment