Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, May 16, 2010

It Wasn't Saturday--It Was Sammy-Day!! Part 1






What a busy weekend we had!! We got to babysit, but just for Sam on Saturday. While we missed Ben, it was nice to have some Sammy time. He is so vocal--he's the only one who knows what he is saying, but he talks non-stop. He got to play with all of the toys all by himself and he sat in Ben's chair. He was loving every minute of it. We took him for a walk and he said "doggy" and "kitty." He seemed to enjoy exploring the backyard with Papa and beating on the fireplace with the plastic golf clubs. He and I made some really loud music doing that. Every once in a while, when he wanted some of his juice, he would grab the sippy cup, come over to the rocking chair and tell me, "up." I picked him up and he layed his head back on my shoulder, relaxed for a minute and then was running around the house again being an airplane, throwing the ball or just jabbering away. Tony and I both noticed how quiet it was after he left. What a sweet little boy he is.

After that, we went to Crocker Park to have dinner at 87 West, one of my favorite places. It was for our anniversary. It was nice walking around, people watching and enjoying the weather.

And then today, we got up early and went to see Jenna run. She did 13 miles in 2 hours and 32 minutes. I was so proud of her. We met Jon and the kids on Detroit Avenue and watched her go by and then we went downtown and saw her run toward the finish line. We parked the car at East 9th and Prospesct and walked to East 6 and Lakeside. She did 13 miles and I was tired just from that quick walk. She looks so good and was so happy to have finished the race. My daughter continues to amaze me with everything she has accomplished.

Enjoy the photos of just Sam--I took 51, but only about 4 came out. Most of the others were either of the top of his head, or blurred as he ran by.

No comments:

Post a Comment