Sammy started out being a little afraid of the bank, but soon was running and jumping on the couch. He too is a customer now, but I think it will be awhile before he is handling his bank book like Ben did.
And then, after work, Jenna and I headed for West 25th street. Call me crazy, but West 25th street has always been a suspect area. An area to avoid. But, there we were heading to a tattoo place to get her Sammy tattoo--my birthday present to her. You couldn't go to Strongsville??? I asked?
Ah, it was an interesting place. The smell of lack of air conditioning, ink and sweat hit you as you walked in. Men were walking around in various stages of undress and ink and a young lovely came and went--apparently a girlfriend of one of the "tattoo-eese" with even less clothes on than he, even though he was only wearing shorts. What is that line from a movie about "something about napome in the morning???" Well this was like, "there's something about butt crack in the tattoo parlor."
The music was ..interesting. It was a combination of heavy metal, rap and good ole boy country. I had no idea that the word f**k applied to so many kinds of music. There was the country song...."I'm Layin Here Wasted While My Woman is Out Getting F**ked" Then there was our personal favorite...."I Can Polish Off A Bottle, But I Can't Polish A Turd." Oh...and then there was, "She Used to Be Pretty, But Now She's Just Pretty F**ked Up." The heavy metal songs were harder to identify as far as words were concerned....it was kind of like. "BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, AHHHHHH, EEEEEEE,,,,,and I told her you better get ready to f**k.....or I would BAM, BAM, BAM, OUU, OUUUUUUUUU, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM. I'm sure the words are much more classy than that, but I just couldn't decipher. I thought of asking if they had any Barry Manilow or Air Supply, but Jenna didn't think that was a good idea.
But finally, she had two beautiful tattoos. One of a B17 with Sammy's name across the top (see her blog, I was only going to post the outline, but she has the whole thing there looking beautiful.) and her father's signature on her shoulder. That one made me cry. I hadn't seen that signature in 34 years, but I remembered it instantly.
I had fun. It was hard to watch Jenna be in pain, but I was there with her this time and I wouldn't have missed it or given the opportunity to anyone else for the world.
From bank to tattoo parlor--from one extreme to another, but what fun I had!
No comments:
Post a Comment