Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Wonderful Day, A Beautiful Bride


No matter what fun anyone else had today, I had more. Today was wedding dress shopping day with Marie, her mom, sisters and friend. What a great time we had. We started at Leonardo's in Rocky River. We found dresses with bling, dresses that were pouffy, dresses that were "fun" and all kinds in between. Our problem was the bride. She looked absolutely beautiful in each and every one of them. She didn't walk, she floated and sparkled. And then, with a veil---well, what can I say? She was a princess, a sweetheart, a matador, a mermaid and a goof. She put on one dress with yards and yards of train--and who but Marie would say, "I can have this floor dusted in a minute, watch me...." and then take off with the dress trailing behind her as she chased down dust bunnies!!

Lunch was at Salmon Dave's, hosted by Mona. I was going to wrestle her to the ground for the check, but she beat me to it. We had a great time talking about past weddings, proposals and rings. I am so pleased that Tony gave Marie a wonderful wedding proposal memory. There's nothing like a bunch of teary eyed women sitting over lunch going, "aw, isn't that sweet" to make a bride proud of her groom.

From there we went to Dora's in Fairview Park. They had a great selection at really good prices. But, just like before, our problem was the bride--absolutely beautiful in each and every dress.

After that, we finished the day at David's Bridal in Strongsville. It's a big store, but their dresses just didn't seem to have that "wow" factor that many of the other dresses that Marie tried on did.

I'm not sure if Marie found her dress today. I think she confirmed what she really wants to look like on her wedding day--and I think that she was surprised by how much she liked some dresses that really didn't look that great on the hangar.

I am so glad I was invited to share in the day. At one point, Marie was looking at herself in a dress and she said to me, "do you think your son would like me in this dress?" To which I replied, "Sweetie, you could wear a burlap sack on your wedding day and Tony would still think you were the most beautiful bride in the world." And I know he would.

THE dress is out there and when she tries it on, Marie will know right away that this what she is supposed to look like on this very important day.

Thank you, Marie, for asking me to be part of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment