Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

There's Always Room For One More

In the late 50's or early 60's, there was a television show called, "Room for One More." That was their theme song and the idea of the show. The premise was a family that had children of their own but adopted several more-some who were troubled and some that just needed a family. I loved that show and the message it sent--a family can be blood or by circumstance, but they are a family. That's Jenna and Jon. And so, when I found out that Tony and I were to be grandparents again in November, I was thrilled.

Part of me worries, because Jenna has difficult pregnancies, but part of me was thrilled at the prospect of having yet another Purdum baby to love.

Think of it--Ellie will have a younger sibling who she will help with things the way that Ben does with Sam. Ben will have "his" baby so he doesn't have to share Ellie with Sammy. What a gift this child will be. A four-some.

I told Jenna today that God gave her this child because she and Jon are such good parents...and they are. They will love and care for this child like they do for Ben and Sam and Ellie....and Tony and I...well, let's just say that we can't wait to welcome our 4th grandchild into the world in November. (translation....SHOPPING!!!)

I am so pleased. I am, of course, concerned for the health of my child, but I am so pleased that yet another child will be raised by such good parents.

I always wanted four children. Oh yeah, trying to convince Bill Morgan that it was a good idea was another story...but, I always wanted four children--two boys and two girls.....and so, my child will have the four children...and perhaps that is better. She is so much better at mothering than I. Jenna can give so much of herself to everyone she loves...no wonder God gave her another child.

So, I will go back to the drawing board and come up with more Purdum names...Victoria...I like that name.....Arian....another favorite.....or, Luke, Phillip, Anthony....so many name to nag Jenna and Jon about....so many names...so little time. I better start now!!

Congratulations my children. There's always room for one more.

No comments:

Post a Comment