Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Monday, December 10, 2012

New President In The House



 
 
 
As I indicated in a recent blog, Tony has started to paint again.  It's so good to see him up in his studio, listening to music and painting.    He finished a collage of George Washington not too long ago and we hung it today.   We're going to hang the Abe Lincoln painting he did some years ago on the other side of the window, so we will have two presidents framing the windows.   
 
In other news, the weather is beautiful--in the 70's in December!  We have some new flowers coming up out front to add to the beauty of the day.
 
We are gearing up for Coleton's  baptism later this month and having "the boys" and their families over for Christmas.  I wish Jenna, Jon and the kids could be here too, but I'm sure they will enjoy their own Christmas.  Tony and I wanted to get the kids really loud and obnoxious gifts since they wouldn't be here, but  we followed the rules and got "parent friendly" things that don't make noise.
 
We have our tree on the patio again and will decorate it when everyone joins us on Christmas Eve.  It's funny to see Tony, in shorts, washing the cars and then see the Christmas tree.   He will be in Cleveland for a few days in January, I'm betting he won't be wearing shorts!
 
I continue to search for a job, although not as diligently as I have been.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that as we move into 2013, there will be more opportunities.  It seems like everyday we are reading about companies who are laying off  more people.  I've been telling people that by the time I find a job, I'll be ready to retire.   I hope that's not really the case.
 
We are counting down the days till Christmas and hope that everyone has a wonderful holiday.
 
And now the photos:
 
George--the finished work!
 

 
 
Camellias in the front

                                                            Waiting for decorations

Tony admires his work

Me, doing my Vanna White pose!

A beautiful sunset
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment