I have been watching the news since the children in Newtown, Connecticut were killed and with every news broadcast I cry like the nation and wonder why this happened. I think of how scared the children must have been during all of this senseless madness and how they must have not understood what was happening or why. I think of how they must have wanted their parents to be there right now and take care of them. And, I think of how the parents must feel, knowing that they weren't there.
I see pictures of the slain children and it breaks my heart. I think of all of the joy and laughter that all of our grandchildren have given us and I know that all of the laughter has died in Newtown, this Christmas season. I feel lucky to have all of our grandchildren safe and as a mother and grandmother, I grieve for those who lost their children and for the children who lost their innocence.
No comments:
Post a Comment