It's been an interesting few days since we picked up Dixie. We took her to the vet and found that she had ear mites and hookworm. It's not unusual for new puppies, as they apparently pick these things up from feeding from their moms. At any rate, the vet said she was wonderful and we agreed!!
She's been doing alot of exploring--sometimes in places we don't want her to be, but mostly in the yard. She loves being in small spaces and going after things that interest her. One of her favorite spots to sleep is in the office, behind the printer table, next to the cables. She also enjoys being in between the love seat and the patio doors, but her most favorite space is on the couch where Tony usually sits. She will sniff and the settle herself into his spot and bury her head under the couch pillow. She could be out for hours in that spot.
Today, I was cleaning the house and keeping an eye on her. I was in the living room and for the life of me, I just couldn't find her. Turns out that she was on the shelf of the coffee table, laying on our books. That's one of those places she is not supposed to be, but she enjoys getting up there and just laying on the books while she nibbles at the newspaper.
Tomorrow is bath day, so that should yield some really good pictures. I had long forgotten what it's like to have a dog in the house and I'm finding that I really enjoy it. She is bright and curious and cute and has a face that makes you fall in love.
We will be registering Miss Woodland's Lowrider Dixie Arian Sing Sierra with the AKC soon.
"Hi, Mommy, did you call me? I'm on the shelf of the coffee table...you know, where you told me not to go!!"
"See, Mommy, I read books under here and chew on the newspaper!"
Zonked out on Tony's side of the couch!
"Hello, World, I just woke up!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment