Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where Does A Shih Tzu Poop.....Anywhere She Wants



We went to Cleveland last weekend for Emma's baptism and had a good time.  The baptism was beautiful--Emma was great and the party that Chris and Shannon had after was really nice. 
 
The weather was crummy, with rain most of the time we were there--but getting to see Jenna, Jon and the kids was worth the rain and seeing Tony be Emma's Godfather was well worth the entire trip.
 
We took Dixie with us, her first road trip.  She did OK in the car...got a bit car sick, but once we arrived, she charmed Bob and Donna and immediately made their house her own.  And by that I mean, she peed 7 times and pooped 3 (maybe 4) times in the house.  Call me crazy--she lets us know when she has to go out.   She barks, she goes to the door.  She makes it clear most of the time that she has a mission and we are pleased with our progress....well, we were.    We showed her the door at Donna's and she just continued to pee and poop in the house.  I think she only pooped once outside the whole time we were there....and why not?  It wasn't raining in the house and the rug was nicer than our grass.  She left little goodies all over.  The first  time was in the hallway, but after that, it was pretty much in Donna and Bob's bedroom.  Not sure why.  We were on the road on Monday and about 20 minutes after we left we got a text from Donna telling us she found another poop in the bedroom--obviously, Dixie's farewell gift.   Donna and Bob were great about it, but the next time they come down here, it would serve us right if Bob pooped in the guest bedroom the whole time they visited!
 
Here are the highlights of the visit:

 
"Dixie, this is Aunt Donna's front door....come here when you have to go out to go potty." 
 
"OK Daddy, I sure will !!!"

 
"What is that thing?"

 
"And I was having a great hair day, too."

 
"Mommy, the towel is good, but I NEED the hair dryer."

 
"It's All About ME!!"

 
Godmother,  Ashley and Godfather, Tony

 
"I'm thinking it wasn't a good idea to leave Dixie at Grandma's house alone...."

 
"Yo, Godmother, grab my bonnet, the guy on the end really messed up my hair."

 
"I feel much better now...."

 
"Oh boy, I'm officially Catholic!"
 
 
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got nice presents, but the bows taste so good!"
 
 

 
Hot Grandma

 
My Grandpa...I've got him wrapped around my little finger!!
 

 
"I'm little and I'm cute...that pretty much puts me in charge!"

 
"What??? Like you never had a black eye?"

 
"So, Jenna, tell me how you really feel?"

 
"I'm guessing that Sam is having a bad day!!"

 
"Rabbit ears, Papa and Zach!!"

 
"If Mommy can do it, so can Ben."

 
Loving Papa

 
"Thanks for letting me stay here, Uncle Bob...um, by the way, I pooped on Aunt Donna's side of the bed.  Don't tell her until I leave tomorrow."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment