Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Training in Charlotte, My Birthday and Other Stuff



Well, I made it!!  I drove to Charlotte for training and back and actually found where I was supposed to be!  It was a really good feeling knowing that I made the drive successfully. 
 
Training was good.  I had no idea that registering a patient was such a process.  We learned about billing insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, supplemental insurance and a ton of other things.  I met some really nice people who will be working at the hospital and in general had a good time.  I did miss Tony and Dixie, but we spoke everyday. 
 
I had a wonderful birthday, even though I spent it driving to Charlotte.  I got wonderful cards (especially from Tony) and neat gifts and flowers!  It was nice of everyone to think of me.  Tony took me to Olive Garden last night for a birthday dinner and we stopped at the club for a drink.  They gave me a birthday dessert that was really good. 
 
Today, we are skyping with the kids and I can't wait.  Ben looks so big on Jenna's blog, I can't wait to see him in person.  I can't wait to see ALL of them in person.  Ben will be 7 this week and I just can't believe how the time has flown by.  I still remember that little baby in the isolet, looking at Tony for his first photo op. 
 
I went to a new doctor last week and she has now diagnosed me with eczema....sort of like psoriasis, but not.   It too, is an immune disorder with similar lesions types, so I guess it was easy to mistake it for psoriasis.   I am on new medication and we are seeing a difference already.  Hopefully, I will be able to wear a skirt soon, I haven't in 4 years.
 
The weather here has been beautiful...in the low 80's with a nice breeze....not your typical August weather, Thank God!
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment