Since I started to work at the hospital the days have just flown by. It seems like I get up in the dark, work, come home, collapse and then sleep only to do it again the next day. I am also on the Compass Pointe Home Owners Association Finance Committee and we are getting the 2014 budget together for the October meeting. I feel as if I have gone from zero activity to super drive, but I enjoy it and it's good for me.
Tony is in Cleveland this weekend for a Parker Hannifin event. Since I couldn't go, he took Rose as his date and I'm sure they had a great time. I miss him, as always and so does Dixie. She spends a lot of time jumping up on his reclining chair to see if he is there and then goes to the door if he isn't. We will both be glad when he is home again.
Tony said he had a nice lunch with Jenna and the kids and I wish I could have been there to see everyone.
Work is going well. I am on my own now. The only training I have left to do is third shift in the Emergency Room. I understand that can go either way--sheer boredom, or pure adrenalin. I'm hoping for sheer boredom.
I am also still volunteering at the hospital. So, while my shift is usually two/three days a week, one day a week I work at the front desk greeting and directing people and answering the phone.
Thankfully, the days are getting cooler here. This morning it was a beautiful 68 degrees with a cool breeze. Dixie and I enjoyed sitting out there in the semi-sun with the breeze in our hair.
I feel like this is a boring blog compared to what I am doing, but that's pretty much it. I continue to be thankful that I am working and contributing to the household in whatever small way.
This is how Dixie and I feel about Tony being gone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment