Tony and I went to Cleveland last weekend and got a lot accomplished. But, I forgot the camera. Do you believe it??? We went to see Coleton and Jenna/Jon's kids and I didn't have the camera with me. It was like I didn't have an arm. But we had fun anyway. Coleton is SO cute and getting more verbal everyday. Ben, Sam, Ellie and Zach are getting big. Ben has lost some teeth and Ellie and Zach are talking better. Sammy is Sammy, still a brick and a rocket who bounces off of everyone and everything. If you ask Sam for a hug and a kiss, look out because he's going to knock you over in the process!
We saw Emma, too, and if it's possible, she is even prettier than the last time we saw her. She got really good at saying, "no Dixie!" Since they are the same size, Dixie did a lot of licking Emma's face for food crumbs.
Thank God, we owed nothing in taxes and managed to get a small refund. That was good news.
We met with the Pastor that is going to do our vow renewal, Vicki McGaw. What fun she was!! I wish I could talk her into starting a UCC church down here. We are going for a simple ceremony and she was so accommodating. From there, we went to J Bella's and finalized the menu for the reception.
The most fun was picking our cake. It's going to be blue, just like the water!!!! There will be sea shells and waves on it.
I should say that picking out the cake was the most fun before we saw the kids. Tony got a "Ben-ism," which we always enjoy. While Tony was giving Ben a piggy back ride, he told Ben that one day, he would be doing the same thing with his own grandchildren; to which Ben promptly replied, "yes, but you'll be dead by then, Papa." You have to give Ben credit, he tells it like he sees it!!!
Dixie took the trip well....she should, she sat on me for 10 hours up and back! She likes to be in the front seat so she can look out of the window and jump from my lap to Tony's.
Donna and Bob were great hosts and I managed to fit in sister lunch, which is always fun. Sarah didn't join us this time because she's not a "sister." We decided to change the name of lunch to "Wild and Crazy Lunch." Lynn wasn't really up for that title, but we're going with it!
Not much else is going on. I'm working 6 days straight from 3 to 11, with 2 days off and then back on the schedule for 6:30 a.m. to 3 and a bunch of 3 to 11's again. I'm getting tons of hours, but I'm really tired.
We got the first edition of "The Pointe" magazine for the development and my articles were published as written. No revisions at all. I'm working on the feature for the May edition which will be on diversity at this point, but I have to meet with the Committee and sketch out my ideas. I'm really enjoying my work on the magazine and hope to add photos next!
The weather is getting warmer and for that, I am thankful. Both Tony and I came back home with a bit of the "crud." I'm mostly over it now, but Tony still has it. We sat on the patio for the first time this morning and caught up on things. Since I don't get home until 12:15, I don't get to see him until the next morning. It was sunny and breezy on the patio and we enjoyed being out.
I'm off to work again.
No comments:
Post a Comment