The furniture that Tony and I bought while we were on our Ocean Isle Beach trip arrived today. It's beautiful!!!!
Ever since we moved down here, we've wanted to make the house more "beach-y." We've put up white picture frames, hung sea/ocean/fish related signs in the lanai and Tony painted small pictures of local fish and framed them in a light sand, neutral color. We thought we made huge progress until we would turn around and see the old Strongsville, Ohio, two story colonial furniture. It was dark and big. It made the room seem small. Well, not anymore.
We have to go back and pick up the second matching chair that is on order. Once we do, the end table will go between them in front of the patio doors.
Take a look at the newly done, "coastal" Swegle living room:
TA DA!!
This is what you see when you come through the front door
This is the view from near the fireplace
From the dining room
From the kitchen bar area. I love the chair, the thin lines of color include the sea foam green in the couch and a rust color that picks up the red in the hassock. I may move that into the office and replace it with the sand color hassock we have in there.
It will be awhile before Tony and I sit on it...and Dixie...well, by that time, she will be so old, we'll have to pick her up, but for now....simply ma-vel-ousssss!
No comments:
Post a Comment