I'm sure if I tried hard enough, I could find songs/lyrics from Johnny Cash or June Carter about the "circle of life." Those events that seem to be so far removed, but really just brings you back to the beginning of your history.
I guess, to some degree, although, I'm not becoming a country music person, that's how I felt this past weekend with the birth of our sixth grandchild, Anthony James Swegle, born Sunday, October 5 at 6:49 a.m., weighing in at 8 pounds, 7 ounces and measuring 21.5 inches long. He is the newest, Anthony Swegle.
I find it odd, that Tony and Marie can't decide on what to call him. Marie says that to her, the name, "Tony," is her husband. To Tony, it's himself and "Pops." I just laugh and say to myself, if you can't decide on that to call him, why did you name him, Anthony? But, I know what they mean--it is a name with history and honor. It is a Swegle name and tradition--Anthony Francis had Dennis and Anthony John, Anthony John had David and Anthony Michael and now, Anthony Michael has Coleton and Anthony James. Second sons of second sons.
I'm guessing that Deuce (Tony Jr's football number and of course, number 2 son!!) as I call him will fare very well no matter what they call him. He is a sweetheart.
Big brother, Coleton, was fun too. It was our job to get him up and off to school in the mornings and pick him up later in the afternoon. That way, Marie could rest better and we got more face time with Deuce.
Just like Ben and Sam were at this age, Coleton is a "Papa" fan. They played together, rolled around on the floor, stacked building blocks and made car engine noises together as they "drove" the toy cars over furniture, the dogs and me. We took Coleton to his soccer game on Saturday and he and Papa kicked the ball around before the game. Coleton has really good eye/hand/foot coordination and can maneuver the ball around the field quite well. Last Saturday, he learned the "kickback" move--where you put your foot on the ball and roll it behind you so your teammates can get it if they have a better chance at making a goal than you do. I was very impressed with the Coach. His team may have been a bunch of two year olds, but he taught them like they were seasoned soccer veterans. He used correct terminology, he demonstrated teamwork and by using "lets-be-your-favorite-animal," taught them how to take direction and follow him around the field. We had a blast. It brought back memories of taking David and Tony to soccer early on Saturday mornings many years ago.
We had a great time during our visit--I lost 3 pounds and Tony lost 4. Chasing after Coleton is good exercise!
Take a look at "our" new baby...and our old one too!
Anthony James.....Is that a cute face or what?
Papa, Deuce and Mo-Mo
Three Generations of Anthony Swegle's
Pretty Mama, Pops, Deuce and Daddy
Alright, she just gave birth ten hours ago and she looks this good? Not fair!
Papa looks at the future
Coleton sits on Papa....that's fun!
Dixie was feeling left out, so Papa gave her a ride on Coleton's balance bike!
Everyone wants to be around Papa!
"Soccer shot," he yells!
Following Coach's direction, he keeps his eye on the ball
OK, I admit to being a doting grandma, but check this out...he is the only one on the field doing the "kickback" move, just like Coach.
"Score for Mommy," he says!
Driving around in his car...
Dixie love!
The "big brother" and the "other big brother!!"
Coleton is being exposed to his faith very early....here he is doing, "In the name of the father, son...." I love when he puts his hands on his shoulders for "Holy Ghost!"
And, now, the prayer!
School Days!
Going to school and dressed just like Papa!
There he goes, ready to learn new things!!
No comments:
Post a Comment