Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Who Has Time to be Sick?????



When we were coming back from the Ava Gardner museum, I noticed I was getting a sore throat.  A day and a half later, I was so sick.  I was coughing like crazy, tired and had a low grade fever plus sore muscles.  Geez, I hate being sick.   This was a killer, although, not Influenza A, like the people who come through the Emergency Room have had. 
 
But, you can't be sick and have an agenda too.  I had to go to work on Thursday, go to training classes for the new computer system on Saturday and Sunday and we were supposed to have dinner with Donna and Bob on Friday evening.  And so we did...all of that stuff...plus, Donna and I managed to get in some shopping during the pouring rain on Friday.  Shopping is THE BEST way to fight a cold.
 
We found a place called Island Breeze...I called it Island Paradise.   It was full of great clothes of terrific quality, jewelry to die for and a wonderful staff...we had our own personal shopper in Sarah and really enjoyed our time there. 

I have always wanted some pieces of Brighton jewelry.   Pandora pieces are sort of the rip off of Brighton (formed in the '70's.)  Pandora has charm-like pieces that you can put on a bracelet or necklace to tell a story...probably the story of your life....education, marriage, children, etc.  Brighton has those pieces, but specializes more in very high end decorative pieces. For example, I got a round, hollow dark blue piece with white star fish on it.  I paired that with two plain red stones and it looks great. I can switch out the blue and red pieces or I can add to it and make a necklace that has pieces "from ear to ear."  I don't want to do that....I would rather buy individual pieces and just switch them out according to the outfit I am wearing.  I have my eye on a silver and brown piece that I really liked. 

Anyway, Island Breeze had a ton of Brighton jewelry so I finally started my necklace.  From there, we checked out the clothes, books, footwear, party gowns and evening wear and all kinds of stuff in between.  Our personal shopper, Sarah, said that if we purchased $100.00 in Brighton merchandise, we would get a Brighton tote bag, valued at $100.00 for free.  I told Donna, "good luck."   Imagine my surprise when I was checking out and Sarah said, "Congratulations, Jan, you get a Brighton bag."  Hmmmm....I sure didn't set out to get one, but I love it.

From there, we went to various boutiques and ended up at one called Bleu.  It was small and crowded, but had fun stuff.  Donna and I bought heavy leggings at a great price and I found an Infinity scarf with star fish on it (starting to pick up on the theme????)   I got a matching blue top and wore my "coastal" outfit to dinner.   Donna got a black and burgundy top with roses on it.  With the black leggings she looked so good. 

Our personal shopper actually took pictures of us to send to the Brighton website because we looked so good!! (um....and bought so much!!)

After that, we went to dinner with our guys at Roberto's Italian Restaurant.  Since Tony was also sick, we made it a short evening and stayed overnight with Donna and Bob. 

This morning, Donna made a great breakfast and I was off to computer training.  We are home now, but tomorrow I go back for more training.  We are still coughing and sniffling, but I think the worst is over.

Check out how great we look!!!!

How brave am I to be photographed next to a Weight Watcher employee and successful weight loss person???!!!  Doesn't she look great!!  Here we are wearing our heavy leggings and new tops. 

 You can almost see my sea horse necklace, but you can definitely see my sea horse scarf!!

Sticking with the theme...here's Donna's kitchen in the Sunset Beach, NC condo.
 
Here is the view from the living room....

Here is the living room

Bob and Dixie resting at our house before going to the condo.

Dixie doing her thing on top of Daddy's reclining chair!!  She was just as comfortable at the condo!
 
 
The next time we see Donna and Bob will be at our Super Bowl get together....go Patriots!!!
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment