Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Monday, October 26, 2015

Happening In Swegle-Land



When you live your life day-to-day, the events that fill it can go by relatively quietly and un-noticed.  You follow your routine and operate pretty much on auto pilot.  But when you look at those day-to-day event in pictures, it's different. 
 
Looking at them makes you remember what you were doing and why and what made an impression on you.  You see things that you may never see again. 
 
I am posting our day-to-day life in pictures in no particular order.  There's nothing dramatic, nothing hugely important--just us. Just things that caught our attention. Take a look--take a notice. 


I am a sky fanatic.  Tony looks up to see airplanes--I look up to see the beautiful sky.  Look right above the darkness--do you see the figure highlighted with the sun behind it?  it's like the image is in a frame.    That's a one time sky.

This is the same general area at dusk.  Same sky, different look.
 

Please don't tell me that animals don't think.  They do.  This is Dixie thinking about how she can get her next treat fix.  She's trying the "sit pretty, look pretty," method.  Since she just came back from her spa day, I think she is flaunting the fact that she looks better than I do!
 
 
Growth...strength, stability.  This is Tony's palm tree.  When it was planted, it was somewhat tall, but not as tall or as full as it is now.  This tree has experienced hurricane related rain and wind, blistering heat, cool evenings, a variety of small animals using it as a home and dogs, peeing on the base.  This tree shows our North Carolina roots.
 
 

We Swegle's take our cornhole very seriously!!  This is Tony demonstrating his "I mean business and I'm going to win," technique!!
 
 

Some of us use the "no bra, tight pants" method to distract our opponent and win.  (PS....it didn't work, I lost, big time!)
 
 
 
Fall means clambakes!  Our most recent, and in my opinion, one of Tony's best.  Clams, chicken, corn on the cob, carrots, potatoes.  YUM!  Unfortunately, mosquito's, too!

While Tony was getting the bake ready, our neighbors, and Dixie's Godparents, Stu and Jan, tried to surprise us for Halloween.  Compass Pointe does a "We've Been Booed," thing where you can drop off a bag of candy to your friends.  Jan and Stu took it a step further and put a Halloween wine glass in our bag!

And, of course, with the bake comes the wine.  A beverage that we have shared over the years with friends and family, and each other.
 
Before we knew that Snapfish could provide us with beautiful finished products, in 2004, we made a family cookbook on the computer.  Over the years, Tony has perfected many of the recipes.  I hope our kids use this book and remember us.

Every woman wants to waft a pleasant smell when she walks in the room.  When someone says, "wow, you smell good, what are you wearing?" it's a real high.  I tend to find a fragrance and stick to it.  For many years, I wore Georgio, in part, because I loved the smell, but also because it was pretty expensive back then and I felt like I could afford it.  It was a "good for you," pat on the back from me, with the added benefit of a great smell.  After that, I moved on to Obsession and more recently, Donna Karan's, Cashmere Mist.  Now that I'm officially old, I'm wearing La Vie Est Belle....the perfume advertised by Julia Roberts...for "mature" women.  
 
 
 
Told you I love the sky.  Here is God racing to his next appointment...making it rain.

Southern living...enough said!!

Look for the turtle in the sky!  Lower right, over the trees...another day is done.

We went to the aquarium and a professional photographer showed me how to put my camera lens right up to the glass to get an expressive picture.  How fun that day was.

Who has more color--me or the bear?  A walk after a busy day.  This is my body language saying, "I'm pooped." 
 

The beach is so much a part of us.  We both love to be around water.  I watched this dog run and jump for the Frisbee, in and near the water. To me, this is a canine ballet.
 
This is one of the inspirations for the shrimp boat picture that Tony did that hangs in our living room....we walked, we took pictures....

...and we stopped for wine.  For whatever reason, my eyes look blue, not green.  I'm wearing my favorite, Brighton necklace. 

Tony, looking dapper...and thirsty...but cute, as always
 
The finished product....our own shrimp boat with Dixie cleverly peeking out of one of the windows!  Notice the two pelicans on the dock and the three in the air....Tony, Me, Jenna, David and Tony.  Cool, huh?
 
 
 
Different day, different hair.  Over the years I've been a brunette, strawberry blonde, had black cherry hair and Big Bird yellow.  I'm a struggle in identity.

This is sister-in-law, Donna, telling Tony what she thinks of him.  This just proves that siblings reserve the right to go back in time and express themselves to each other!
 

Ah, Tony and his "other woman."  He never changes...always cute and always a bitch magnet!
 
 
 
 
 
 
And so, there is our day-to day life in pictures.  Thanks for walking down memory lane with me. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment