One of the good things about working part time is that we can do things during the week without competing with crowds. Now, some might argue that since we are "senior citizens" we have less of a chance of running into crowds because "seniors" eat dinner at 4:00 in the afternoon. Well, not us...but some.
Anyway, we went to see "The Intern," with Anne Hathaway and Robert DeNiro and then, last week, we saw "Martian" with Matt Damon.
"The Intern," is sort of a "beauty and the beast" story with Anne Hathaway being the beast. The happy part of the movie to me was demonstrating that senior citizens still have something to offer in a vibrant, fast paced business environment.
"Martian," on the other hand, was cool. Being lost on a different planet....being the only one on a different planet...it posed some interesting questions and solutions. Matt Damon was really good in this. He keeps a sense of humor, but you get the feeling that if he doesn't keep laughing, he will go crazy with the many possibilities of the of how and when he could die....and die alone. He uses his mind...his knowledge of his field to solve problems. He gambles. He's a space cowboy.
"The Intern," was not the "chick flick" I thought it was going to be, but "Martian," was not the "sci-fi" stranger than fiction, I was expecting, either. Both were good investments.
This week, we went to the City Club for their wine tasting event. It was disappointing. The presenter really didn't present, she just pointed out which wine we were drinking and then left the room. Not a problem for us, really, but not the wine presentation we are used to. Still, it was nice to be back at the City Club.
Before we went to the City Club, we went out to dinner. We got coupons from McDonalds in the mail and decided to use them. It was fun. After the City Club, we went to a new favorite wine bar, "The Tasting Room." It's a store in the front, a tasting area in the middle and a casual seating place outside in the back. We always manage to meet interesting people and have good conversations.
Recently, Dixie had her spa day and Tony is in Tampa to see David, Brenda and Betty. He is playing in a charity golf game on Saturday and hopes to be able to see his cousin, who suffered with a stroke, just to keep in touch. I am blissfully off of work until Tuesday.
Dixie has had to go back to Training 101....I just don't jump when she barks like Daddy does. She is quite frustrated with me. When I got home last night, I took her out, we played for a bit and then, I just wanted to watch the re-broadcast of Project Runway. Dixie had other ideas. She barked and barked. She jumped up on me, she tugged at me and I just sat there. I finally figured out she wanted to go to bed. I moved her food into our bedroom and turned on the fan. Away she went, happy as a clam, into her little bed and stayed there until 8:00 this morning. She has her routine and doesn't like to mess with it. Hmmm....maybe she is the senior citizen.
Tomorrow, it's cleaning, laundry and Dixie stuff...but not working!! Tony gets home on Monday and Dixie will be very happy to have him back. I just don't do things like he does.
Just back from the spa....very hot!!
OK, now she's laughing at me because I used to be the hottest bitch in the house!!
No comments:
Post a Comment