Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Family Day at the Beach



You know that summer is almost here when it is 75 degrees in March.  Tony and I crammed a lot in from Thursday to Saturday and decided that today was beach day.
 
We took Dixie with us to determine if she still had a fear of the water or whether she would love being there as much as we do.  She loved it.  Tony got her close to the water a few times, but I think it was the sound of the waves that bothered her and made her run the other way. 
 
She met new friends, the two legged kind and the four legged kind and was really good.  No scratching, no jumping, just love, running, jumping and getting sand in her face. 
 
For me, it was a wonderful opportunity to capture things with our camera.  The sky, birds, waves...just beautiful parts of the day. 
 
We took a picnic of apples, cheese, pecans and pepperoni and, of course, white wine.   I took individual cheese sticks for Dixie, but she preferred our food with her white wine. 
 
We stayed for a few hours and knew that this was the first day of many happy days at the beach.


We got a few sprinkles on the way, but it was clear when we got to the beach

Tony "tests the water" with Dixie...will she stay or will she run?

Beautiful birds in formation

A hole in the sky

Dixie's ears blowing in the breeze
 
Here I come!!

A pine cone, a pine cone, I found a pine cone....I love pine cones!

Dixie takes a rest

Blue skies and white clouds....love it

Dixie wants wine!

High in the sky

The sun, covered by the sky



Dixie watches her new friends

Dixie against a blue sky

Tony enjoys the say
 

Tell me how you really feel?

A pooped Dixie wants to go home!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment