Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Gadgets, Wishes and Dreams



The presents are open, the thrill of the season is winding down.  And we start all over again.  People who are still working are looking at the 2020 calendar and saying, "January, again?"  It comes back around so fast.  

The "kids" got us a "Portal" for our TV.  We can video chat on the big screen and are really enjoying seeing the grandchildren jump around and wave to us!  Alex will be playing in the living room and all of a sudden, she will turn around and look at the TV.  She says, "Momo, Papa?" like she is surprised to see us because we didn't come through the front door.  

Today, Tony and I bought a new computer, since this one is on its last legs.  We will be connected by the "geek" squad on January 10.  Faster connection, more gigs. Huh?  As long as it gives me my email and blog, I am happy.  If it doesn't crash during my solitaire games, even better. 

Tony will be looking for a new phone in the next few weeks as his is outdated and not working well. 

My sister, Fritz and I got Lynn a "Grandpad," so we can communicate with her more easily than trying to reach her by phone.  So, we are full of new gadgets and stuff that will make us more efficient!  Right!!  We're retired, how efficient do we have to be?  I never thought my  "personal assistant," would be a short cylindrical, thing called Alexa.  

As always at this time of year, I start wishing I had done more.  For once, all I had was time and what did I do with it?  Not much.  I wish I had worked out  more.  I wish I had less medical stuff to deal with.  I wish I had written and submitted magazine articles.  I wish I had spent more time outside.  I wish I could have focused on just one thing.    But, I didn't. 

I feel like I floated between the TV, the computer and books.  I feel like I have been in a fog since I retired.  It's been one year, one month and 28 days since I worked at Novant.  I talked about getting a part time job, but that has been difficult.  All of a sudden, there are many full time jobs, but few part time.  I wanted to volunteer at the Leland Art Center, but they don't have a volunteer program.  I wanted to do so much, but I didn't.  Sometimes, I couldn't even get up from the computer.  

I want 2020 to be different.  I don't want to be frozen in time.  I dream of being active--maybe even playing golf again.  Tony and I went out on the course a few days ago.  He played, I took pictures and videos.  I putted twice and did OK, and that was enough to get me interested again.  I don't want to waste 2020.  And, I hope I don't.  

I dream of having a nice, peaceful, 2020, with all of the kids around and all of the grandchildren growing up healthy and happy.  

I dream of all of them achieving their goals and wishes for the new year.  

And most of all--I dream of a Happy New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment