The highs and lows of depression are still with me, but since David, Brenda and Alex have been visiting, I find myself laughing. Really laughing.
Alex is quite the entertainer. She does Baby Yoga, sings songs, dances, counts and colors; while telling me what color she is using in English and then in Spanish.
I am usually the last one up in the morning and when I make my way to the lanai where everyone is enjoying coffee, Alex sees me and runs to me with her arms open, ready to jump up and give me a big hug.
She puts her head on my shoulder and I whisper, "Did you have a good sleep?" And she answers quietly, "yes....did you have a good sleep Momo?" I could be happy waking up every day that way.
We went downtown for dinner last night and she was so well behaved. She had chicken and fruit and then we came home and had a small birthday party with cupcakes and ice cream. She sang "Happy Birthday," with us and seemed to enjoy her presents. We got her a pretty dress with a wide brimmed hat that she wears with the attitude of a super fashion model.
She is back in school now and named off all of her classmates and teachers. She is such a happy little thing. She gets joy out of our twinkle lights and butterflies. I put the lava lamp on the first night she was here and she lightly touched it. I told her it was not hot, so now whenever she sees it, she states, "Momo, not hot."
We played kickball in the back yard and she was fascinated by the yellow plastic flower in the Zeno's yard that spins in the wind. Sometimes being with her is like seeing something ordinary in a very special way.
I think when they go back to Florida, I'll be doing Baby Yoga. I won't do it as well as Alex did, but it will bring back sweet memories.
Pictures later......
No comments:
Post a Comment