Well, it seems like everything is back to normal. David and Brenda and the girls came in and cooked us a wonderful Thanksgiving meal. There haven't been anymore riots at work and all in all, I have settled into a "same ole, same ole" routine--and don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining.
Tony's health remains good and he is active. He played golf on Monday and is working at the golf course again. So the sizeable blip on the radar screen of health concerns have subsided a bit.
And so now we enter into our Christmas cycle. It will be small for us, as usual but we will just enjoy being together. With Dixie, of course.
Tony has started to clean out the attic and do other "get ready for end of life" stuff, but not in fear, and not in haste to go, but so me and the boys don't have to. That is so like him to take care of us; no matter what.
Geez, that sounds creepy, but it isn't meant to be.
The golf course where Tony works had their Christmas party on Monday--and so did the place where I work, so I missed it, but I think they had a good time. On the 16th, we will attend the Cape Fear Voices Christmas party at a restaurant in downtown Wilmington, and of course, the Leland Magazine Christmas party is being held on the same day, but there's only so many parties you can go to!
The golf course party was beautiful. They had it in the new clubhouse that they built and this was the first time I had been inside. It is massive and first class, all the way. There are several dining area, a huge, wrap around bar that is lit from underneath and all glass walls. You can see the course and various ponds from anywhere in the place. It was decorated to the hilt and we had a wonderful time.
I am writing the facility newsletter now and getting paid extra to do it. So I have three writing jobs that bring me fun, pleasure and money!
Not much else going on. I assume we will be taking our Charlotte Swegle's visit after Christmas and before you know it, Donna and Bob will be back down for two months.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year.

No comments:
Post a Comment