Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Daddy Bear



OK, OK, I haven't learned how to rotate photos yet, but you know who this is.

Tony's 63rd birthday was Wednesday and we decided to take the day off to celebrate. This is something we should have done years ago and made it a tradition. What a great time we had! We had a nice brunch, went to an early show and saw Avatar, went shoe shopping (for him, not me!!) and then had dinner at J Bella's. We laughed, zinged each other, and really enjoyed the movie. Although, I had to tease Tony....he didn't ask for the "senior" priced movie ticket!!

Avatar was terrific....better than I thought it would be. It's one of those movies that's a mixture of present and future that, if done, wrong, can be a very confusing story line. But this worked. The special effects are fantastic. If you haven't seen it, go--it's even better than the hype.

Of course, the best part of the day was being together. Thanks to all for your cards and calls to Tony and a special thanks to Ben for his "happy birthday" phone message. That made Tony's day. From the minute Tony took Ben's first photograph at the hospital, they connected. Those big blue eye looking up in the camera seem to say, "hello, Papa, I don't feel good now, but I will."

Thanks also to Marie for updating Tony Jr's Olympic blog and giving us a call on Wednesday. We are both so proud of the job Tony is doing in Vancouver and are very glad you were there to help and support him.

And so, that was Tony's birthday. He is another year older...and at this point, I'm not! (Another zing!!!) On this snowy night, Daddy Bear is making comfort food and taking care of me. Tomorrow we will watch the Olympic hockey game just like we watch the Brown's--cheering them on and eating "fun" food.

Happy Birthday, Daddy Bear....I hope you enjoyed the day as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. When you transfer the pictures to the computer from the camera(before you put them on the blog), there are a couple buttons on the bottom of the screen that will rotate the picture clockwise or counter clockwise. Click the button to move the picture then transfer it to the blog.

    ReplyDelete