Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Saturday, March 28, 2015

DOG FOR SALE....FAST AND CHEAP


As you may recall, Dixie has been sick for awhile.  I think I can safely say she's a lot better.
 
We are supposed to have a frost tonight, so I moved the plants on the front porch closer to the house so they would be more protected.  I was 104% sure I shut the front door, but as I picked up one of the pots, (with my back to the front door,) I heard a "happy bark."  If she could people speak, I'm sure she would have been saying...."ha, ha, ha, catch me if you can."  And she was off!!
 
Down the driveway, over to the next door neighbor's tree lawn, up the sidewalk to the house two doors down and finally, dancing her way across the street to the house under construction.   She was low to the ground and moving quickly.  Every once in a while, she would look back over her shoulder to see where I was and change direction if I was getting too close.  She even tried to jump the plastic barrier around the perimeter of the yard that the workers use to keep the blowing dirt under control.  Lucky for me, it was just a tad too tall for her. 
 
The construction site was full of mud, nails, wood and standing rain water.  Neither of us were wearing shoes.  We must have been a sight with me in my pajamas and her running free. 
 
One of the construction workers left a plastic water bottle in the back yard.  I threw germ caution to the wind and picked up the bottle.  I taunted her.    I made it crackle and tossed it in the air, close to me...picking it up before she could reach it.  I finally let her grip it with her mouth and I grabbed her collar.  BINGO...I had her.  She got a really hard spanking and when we got home, she ran right for her cage.   The dog equivalent of  the teenage speak..."YOU HIT ME!  I  HATE YOU, I'M GOING TO MY ROOM"
 
I'm guessing if she could do that again, she would, but I have a plan... If that happens, I have two choices...one, to put an ad in the 'dogs for sale' section of the newspaper...or, I could convince the Mexican workers that she is a rabbit and would be good to have for their lunch. 
 
The deciding factor will be how much I am offered in both scenarios!


What can I say?  Mommy needed the exercise!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment