Enjoying Appetizer Walk

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

My Favorite Time of Year


I used to think that fall way my favorite time of year....the leaves turning colors, cool breezes and the hint of Christmas just around the corner.  But, I've changed my mind--I love Spring. 
 
Spring in North Carolina is beautiful.  There are azaleas all over, in all different colors, geese fly overhead and chant to each other--probably about how pretty the sky is and there is a constant, cool breeze. 
 
Yesterday, we went to pick out some flowers and look at possible ways to extend the patio area--I'm always looking for more space.  We decided to have someone come out and give us some ideas and estimates.
 
We also had some excitement recently.   One of the things that happens here pretty regularly is controlled burns; thinning out thick brush and removing small trees. That's what we thought was happening the other day when we saw giant plumes of smoke in the sky.  It looked like the "burn" was pretty close to our development, but we were comfortable that with all of the building going on, construction crews had everything under control.   Well, we were wrong--it wasn't a controlled burn at all--it was a fire (under investigation) close to Compass Pointe, but not on our property.  It was bad enough to make not only the local news, but David heard about it in Tampa, Florida!  The news piece mentioned Compass Pointe--gee, maybe this event will put us on future GPS maps!
 
I start working 12 hour shifts on Thursday.  More hours, less days.  I worked Easter, but Tony made us a nice dinner before I left.   Tonight, we're going to the City Club for a wine tasting.  Next week, we're going to take our friends, Jan and Stu Friedman, out for dinner for babysitting Dixie while Tony was away and I was working.   And then, David comes to visit.  He reminded me that I promised to play golf with him the next time he visited, so off I go to "stink up the course" with him!  I am looking forward to it!
 
And so, it's a beautiful day and I'm going to plant the flowers I picked out.  Tony is way ahead of me, but I will catch up!
 
 
Here's Tony making the yard pretty for me

We like to have a tall plant surrounded by smaller, cascading ones

The "pot" arrangement I made last year took the winter pretty well.  I got some small plants to put in the corners
 
"Hot to Trot" watches over the backyard

New flowers by the palm tree

Definitely NOT a controlled burn
 
 
Smoke comes up over the rooftops in Compass Pointe

 

I saw this cloud and thought of a screaming eagle
 
When new homes are going up, there's a lot of dust that blows around...lots of dust

New waterways

It just wouldn't be a blog without a picture of Dixie!!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment